July 6, 2010

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it now!

When Shae got downstairs, she first had to ride the bike for 20 minutes. She did pretty well although she said it wasn't too comfortable.







Then, they took Shae to the back room where Meghan came to help change Shae's bandages. Meghan works with Dr. Philippon, and there are no words to describe how amazing Meghan is, and how good she has been to my family. Meghan helped me through both of my hip surgeries, and was there for me for all the ups and downs through my recovery. She is truly great, and we can't thank her enough for everything.

After spending time with Meghan, Shae eventually got to see her two new friends, the 2 hip surgery scope holes. They are small and will heal really nicely once the stiches are taken out on week 3.

Shae and the incredible Meghan:


When the bandages were changed, Shae also got to see the size of her leg. In order to properly get into the hip joint in order to operate, they have to pump up the leg with fluid, and so for a few days Shae's leg will be pretty swollen and large.



After the bike and bandage changes, it was time for Shae to start therapy. The first day is pretty easy and consists of passive range of motion, where the PT moves the leg in circular motions to get it to start moving. They will also do scar tissue massages and then will use the game ready ice machine to help with pain and swelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment