July 2, 2010

Another Hip Patient????

This blog is going to be a step by step, day by day journey through an FAI hip patients recovery from surgery.
I decided to write this blog so that I could hopefully help other FAI hip patients out there who are thinking about having surgery or who need the surgery. My name is Sagette and I come from a family who have all recently been diagnosed with FAI. I am the oldest of three girls, and I had my right hip operated on a year ago in June of 2009, and then 8 weeks later, I had my left hip operated on in August of 2009. My mom and both my sisters also have FAI and they also need the surgery, and on Monday July 05, 2010, my baby sister Shae will undergo hip surgery on her right hip.

When I had my surgery, I attempted to write my own blog, trying to describe step for step details of what I experienced. But the surgery was bigger and harder then I thought, and I was unable to write a proper blog. And so, long story short, I am going to write a brand new blog, describing my youngest sister's hip surgery, and everything that she goes through, from pre-op, to the day of the surgery, and through the rest of her recovery. Hopefully, this can help other patients to prepare for FAI surgery and all that it brings.

Shae is having her right hip operated on with Dr. Marc Philippon in Vail, Colorado on July 5, 2010. He is with out a doubt the best hip doctor and the only hip doctor that anyone should have FAI hip surgery with. He is truly an extraordinary surgeon and is one of a kind.

So, here we go on Shae's journey through FAI hip surgery.


*** Pictures from Exactly one year ago, when I had my first hip surgery....You can get through this Shae, and you will be as good as new :)







No comments:

Post a Comment