July 6, 2011

One year post surgery and dancing the night away



So, I know it’s been a while but I will make this post worth your while. As of yesterday, July 5th, 2011, Shae is one year post her hip surgery with Dr. Philippon and she is better then ever. In all honesty, she never complains about hip issues, and she is using her hip 24/7. This year she played water polo for her high school team and was one of the star players. For those that don’t know, water polo requires the players to tread water for an entire game while in the deep end. So basically Shae spent hours and hours in practice just treading water and using her hips.

Another thing some of you may not know about Shae is that she is a fully-fledged DJ. She eats, drinks, and sleeps not only music but dancing as well. I attached a video below of Shae dancing to one of her favorite songs just last week.

The hip surgery gave Shae a new opportunity at living her life to the fullest. She is a 16-year-old girl who can now dance, exercise, and hang out with friends and do so pain free. I know that every patient has a different story or scenario based on their injury, but if you have patience and you are determined to get better and focus on your physical therapy, then you can get back to living life. Dr. Philippon gave Shae not only a new hip but also the opportunity to have her life back and better then ever.




5 comments:

  1. Just checking in! So glad to hear your sister is doing so well! I found your story last year as I was getting ready to have surgery both of my hips and it is now my one year anniversary as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that your little sister had a new life free of pain after her hip replacement surgery. Hers is one of the success stories I have heard following hip replacement. While there may be successful stories, sad to say that there are also patients who did not gain positive effects from the procedure. The cause of the complication is believed to be a faulty hip device and it is now for hip replacement recall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy for your sister. The whole point of a hip replacement surgery is to allow people to continue with their active lifestyle pain free. However, there are also those whose hip replacement surgeries did not work because they have been affected by the ASR hip replacement recall. I am glad your sister escaped this unfortunate incident. She's too young to be suffering much. Hope her amazing recovery continues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing recovery for your sister and well deserved. She is certainly too young to be suffering from pain. I hope her fast recovery continues and that she will not encounter any complications on the way to a full recovery. She is fortunate and very blessed to have avoided the complications brought about by that Depuy hip replacement recall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been diagnosed with cam type FAI and I'm currently considering surgery. How are you guys doing thus far? It's almost 2 years since your last post and it would be interesting to read an update!

    I hope all of you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete