August 14, 2010

Vacation outside of Vail!

Most people would think that having spent 2 months in Vail is without a doubt a vacation. However, when you have two family members coming out of surgery and permanently on crutches, it kind of takes the fun out of vacation. So, although we have had great times in Vail, we all still felt like we needed another vacation before going back to school. And so, we took a road trip up to North Carolina to visit family. It was absolutely amazing, NC is beautiful and the drive was most definitely entertaining. Shae and I sat in the middle seat and unfortunately had to stick Talya in the back seat by herself because Shae and I needed the leg room for our hips and my knees.

My grandparents live on a beautiful lake in NC and we spent the entire weekend going out on the boat, skiing, tubing, jetsking, knee boarding, and wake boarding. And boy Shae was INCREDIBLE! Just kidding, Shae and I skipped out on the intense water activities and worked on our tan instead. Shae didn't do much rehab but my mom and I did her range of motion and she did pool therapy majority of the weekend to keep her hip loose.

Talya learned how to ski and wake board. Our cousins Michael & Michelle are phenominal at wake boarding and skiing and they were great at teaching Talya.



Here are some pictures from the weekend:


No comments:

Post a Comment